Thursday 3 July 2014

#projectindianroad Part 2: The Dining Room

Good Morning.
Yesterday introduced you to a new project & shared my plans for the living room. Today I'm spilling the beans on the dining room space.

My clients have recently inherited an antique dining room suite. A table, 6 chairs & a hutch. Although they love the the suite as do I, it needs to be split up. 

Here's a peek at the space in it's current state.




Here is my direction for the dining room.


The walls trim & baseboards are going to be bathed in Benjamin Moore CC-700 Smoky Green. When the trim in a space is nothing to write home about I like to just paint it all out. 



We are going to be using both the table & the hutch. The hutch is going to be painted in a high gloss white. The back wall is becoming Benjamin Moore 2146-30 split pea & the wooden shelves are being replaced with glass. New antique brass hardware will be the finishing touch.

The dining chairs are going in a more modern direction. A large piece of black & white photography will hang on the main wall.

The shutters are to come down, they kind of get in the way of the french door & replaced with wall to wall drapery that I will paint myself & have them hung on a simple & sleek rod.

I have opted not to use an area rug in the dining room, that being said, the floor is a very pale maple with a pinky undertone. My idea is to limit the amount of wood in the space,  use a toned down blue green that has been greyed down on the walls, add plenty of white & in turn the pinky tone of the floor will not be as noticeable. 

What do you think about this old meets new dinging room?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I enjoy your feedback.