Monday 15 December 2014

How to throw a Frozen / Winter Themed Party


I have always liked Mondays. Mondays are like a fresh start, the beginning of a new week.
This past weekend was a doozie, so I am very grateful for a week ahead with no plans.
We hosted both kids birthday parties on Sunday. Frozen in the am & Angry Birds in the afternoon. 

I will be the first to admit that I am not a literal theme-y person. So when B said she wanted a Frozen party I know she was envisioning everything plastered in Ana & Elsa. As where I was seeing layers of whites, snowballs, snowflakes, crystals, silver with soft blue & sprinkles of lilac. Let's just say we went with the latter & incorporated as few Frozen items & The Princesses paid the girls a visit. 


I began with a white table cloth & added a silver mesh extra wide ribbon as a runner & the table was sprinkled with little clear snowflakes. A Frozen napkin, lilac square plate & button in 3 different pictures finished off each place setting. All the girls put on their buttons as soon as they sat down.


Powder Timbit acted as snowballs.



I made a Sven's snack mix & placed it in mini white metal buckets.
You can find the recipe at the bottom of this post.


The young ladies sipped "Melting Snowman" punch out of vintage ice-cream cups. This recipe was easy, Sprite, a few loose scoops of french vanilla once cream & blue raspberry liquid water enhancer.


Ham & cheese sammies were playfully cut into snowflakes.


I toyed with a small arrangement of white flowers, 2 mini-mini Christmas trees with snow on them, but opted out when I saw the Olaf & Sven cake & I love that Ana & Elsa weren't on top! I sent my cousin inspirational images for the cake but gave her free reign & I was so so happy with what she created. The inside had three layers of pastel coloured cake with the most delicious filling.


Strawberries dipped in white chocolate served as Frozen Hearts.
I made the menu card holders out of styrofoam balls from the craft store & simply cut the bottom off, cut a slit in the top & Voila!



Blue jello playfully mimicked ice cubes & were gone lickety split!




Each of our lovely friends left with a snowflake gingerbread cookie as a thank you.

Sven's Snack Mix
1 cup Chex cereal (any flavour)
1 cup pretzel sticks
1 cup Swiss Cheese crackers
1/2 cup blueberry Jelly Bellies
1/2 cup yogurt covered raisins
Mix together in an air tight container, keep up to 2 weeks.





2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really did wonderful work with this frozen party. I am sure your daughter would have been so happy to see her vision come to life. My son is demanding a batman party at his favorite New York venues. He would be over the moon if I will be able to throw such an outstanding party!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I enjoy your feedback.