Tuesday 3 March 2015

The budget breakdown....

Let's just cut to the chase. I had a budget of $2000 to create Oakley's bedroom & at the end you will see how much I actually spent & on what.

The walls, ceiling & trim work were painted Benjamin Moore Pure White. The desk area walls & ceiling was wallpapered in Cole & Son Woods. A pair of Ranarp wall sconces from IKEA were added, to give lots of light to this important spot, as was piece of butcher block from the As Is section. For a modern element I opted for a black & chrome chair from Structube.


I painted the drapery fabric & added a cobalt blue banding & black gross grain ribbon. 


I made the tartan pillow & hand painted the graffiti pattern pillow. The lumbar is from IKEA & the tiny blue polka dot sheets are from Target.


We reused the white bookshelf he had in his old room & added colour coded storage boxes for the Lego & the Owl canvas storage bag for all of the dinky cars. This makes for easy clean up.


With the closet now gone, I chose to use the awkward space in the alcove to become the new closet. I used the same black rod as the drapery, added a white shelf above with little storage boxes to house his bow ties & suspenders. An additional shelf at the bottom, keeps his shoes neat & tidy.  We kept the red locker, it not only is his bedside table, but his dresser too. I'm all about double duty.



The buffalo water colour above the desk is from The Aestate.


The photo over the bed called "The Road Trip" is by Irene Suchocki & from her easy shop Eye Poetry.


As for the finishing pieces the funky molecule sculpture is from Black Rooster. The cable knit pouf & orr blanket are both Beaver Canoe from Target. The metal & leather camping boxes & deer riding a bike print are both are IKEA. 


Last but not least, the bed. What do I even say about the bed? My Grandfather custom made the bed. I had originally thought about a very simple platform bed with drawers, but it evolved into this amazing piece that he will have forever & I love the fact that the drawers below are huge = lots of storage!



How the Budget played out:

Paint & wallpaper:                         520
Drapery, bedding & Pillows:         470
Art, frames & accessories:             360
Desk chair:                                       89
Sconces:                                           40
Pouf:                                                 70
Storage containers:                          25
Marquee Light                                 24
Butcher block counter top:              60
Labour for painter & electrician:   720
                                                  $ 2378   

Well I went over a bit, but I'm going to chalk it up to having to have an electrician! 

Have a great day! 

                                

1 comment:

  1. The room turned out great. I love the custom bed, you can't find anything like this in a store. Great pice with history and love. The wall paper looks beautiful in that space.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I enjoy your feedback.