Monday 20 April 2015

#projecthillview: Kids Bath

Today is #projecthillview, also known as #mymidcenturymakeover update day. 

The house currently has 1 main bathroom & 1/2 bath in the master. We're opening up the 2 spaces & creating one large bathroom  & then adding a Jack n 'Jill between the kids bedrooms.
We need to steal some room from each of the kids bedrooms, but a  bathroom for the kids to share is a must. Unfortunately, until we are able to get in for another look, we're unsure if exactly how large the space is that we have to work with. Regardless this is the direction.

We are keeping the main finishes of the house to black & white & the kids bathroom is no different. This little bathroom is most likely going to be tight on space, but big on impact. 



The wall behind the floating IKEA high gloss vanity is going to be a random mix of black, white & grey subway tile with dark grout. The shower walls will be kept simple with a large scale all white porcelain tile. All I'm looking for in the shower a very plain & simple white wall tile so a porcelain is the way to go & this is also where I can save a bit of $$.

The main floor & the shower floor will be in a black hex marble mosaic, also with dark grout. Hopefully the dark grout will be easier to maintain with a boy...if you get me drift! In a bathroom setting my first choice is to always have the main floor tile & the shower floor tile be the same. If not in the same tile, then at least in the same colour - it gives the illusion of more space & ultimately gives a more seamless look.

I the industrial brass lighting is from Schoolhouse Electric & black plumbing fixtures are by
Jason Wu for Brizo. I chose these because they are both very minimal & interesting.  

Lastly I love these art prints, they are fun for the kids & still keeping with my black & white theme.

Dantell


Prints of Heart

Well that's it for today.


1 comment:

  1. You share informative post I hope you will share another good post. I read about Bathroom remodeler Austin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I enjoy your feedback.